Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Have a Passion--For the March kit!!

Good morning! Melissa here today to share a tutorial with you on how I created a whimsical and layered tin using Clear Cast Resin from Amazing Craft Products and our Frog Dog March kit.

I started out by dripping several different colors of alcohol ink onto the inside of the large tin from the kit:

Next, I used some collage bits from my stash and the kit. I loved the Tim Holtz stickers, especially the large clocks. I added that to the background, as well as the metal clock hands. When I liked the look of the background, I poured in a layer of the clear resin and swirled in some of the silver Alumilite Metallic Powder with a popsicle stick. I set it aside to dry overnight.

While that was drying, I took the chipboard piece and covered it with a mixture of the Clear Resin, Alumilite blue dye, and Alumilite pearlescent metallic powder. I mixed it all together, then gently poured it over the chipboard while spreading it in a thin, even layer. I did the same with one of the chipboard gears. Those were also set aside to dry overnight.

The next day when everything was dry, I began to assemble the entire piece. I attached the chipboard angel to the top of the tin to make a sort of shrine and decorated that with a Prima flower, the resin coated gear, and other ephemera. At the base of the tin, I added some more of the little Prima flowers I found in my stash and beads.
Here is the final product with a few close ups:

2 comments:

  1. Wowza! Love the tin, love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! I really like how fun this turned out :)

      Delete